Monday, February 22, 2010

oh, what a day!

Let's see if I can recount my day.
Everything seemed to be starting off great!! I got a text around 6:00 saying that there was no school today. Pretty fun news for a kindergartner who has plans for anytime there is a snow day with the neighbor friend Jack. I had a new organization plan for my household chores. (maybe more on that another time) Ben slept in until 7:20 (which really is quite late for him) but then it started going down hill. Ben came in my room and said, Mom you better go look at Jake's room there is poop everywhere. Any by everywhere he was not exaggerating one bit!!! It seems that Jake discovered a way to finger paint all over his walls and carpet.

After throwing Jacob in the shower changing a load of laundry and nursing Caleb it was time to hit the carpets and walls. I threw Caleb in his crib (which he was not so fond of), took all the sheets off of Jakes bed and threw everything in the hallway (including all 50 elephants and pillows he likes to sleep with). I then got to work with Clorox wipes and the little green machine. While I was in the room cleaning the beautiful mess, Ben and Jake thought that pile would be fun to throw themselves into but only after they added more pillows and sheets from the other beds to it. About an hour later (or so it seemed), I came out of the stinky room to find 600 loads of laundry waiting for me in the hallway and lots of beds to be remade.

When we finally made our way downstairs Caleb was REALLY MAD and wanted lots of attention, Ben and Jake were starving and I really needed coffee. Oh, sometime in this process Jacob decided that he really wanted to wear underwear today. So, on went the underwear as well as the timer. Well, when the timer went off after 20 min Jake peed but on the chair not in the potty. Another floor to clean and no more big boy underwear for him today! As I was cleaning the floor Caleb saw some cheeroes that had fallen (into the pee) and made a b-line for them.

Well things started looking up at this point (for awhile anyway)

Jack called and wanted to come over. The boys had a blast. They played wii, played Indiana Jones, Played legos, back to wii, back to Indiana Jones maybe some starwars and some Toy Story thrown in there as well.

Something happened to my sweet Ben however when Jack was here because for some reason he had a complete meltdown when Jack left causing at least an hours of screaming and yelling and lots of discipline happening.

After that was resolved, all the kids wanted to do was to play in the snow. I was secretly hoping that the snow removal fairy (aka our neighbor Bill) would shovel for me if I didn't go outside too early (too bad I am pretty sure they are in Florida). Anyway, after much begging and pleeding we headed outside. I was sure I could figure out how to start the snow blower. I mean I had written directions from Josh. That didn't seem to work so well however. So I called him. Somehow I still couldn't make it work. Fortunately my shovel worked just fine. It was a lot of work to shovel all 20 (ok 6ish) inches of snow but I did it. The only problem was that as soon as I was just about done the snow plow came by and covered the end of the driveway. I didn't happen to finish that part (sorry babe)


My little snow bunnies loved the snow and got good and tired. I have almost finished all 5000 loeds of laundry that the kids created for me.

Oh, one other very importat thing that I forgot to mention. while I was using the little green machine I saw how dirty it was so I decided to clean it. I thought that the most effective way to clean it would be to sitck it in a pot of boiling water and let the hot water work it's majic. well, the problem with that theory was that it melted the plastic and the little green machine seems to not work so well anymore.

The boys are almost ready for bed and are clean and the carpet in Jake's room looks great.

All in a day's work I guess.

No comments: