Friday, February 26, 2010

The night that followed the day

So, I realized I have a lot to add to that awesome post about the big exciting day we had.

I also forgot to mention that I also found cat poop on the couch at one point during the day so I had to clean that up as well. (seriously, if the cats can't go in their potty they are going to need to find a new home)

Anyway, the kids had a super hard time going to bed. Caleb woke up just as I was falling asleep, Ben came running in with "crazy poops", Caleb finally fell back asleep just in time for Jake to wake up, just as Jake was finally asleep again, Caleb was up. When Caleb was finally back in his bed Ben came running back in with more "crazy poops".

Out of all of that it was the crazy poops that sent me into the greatest frenzy. I have realized that I am completely terrified of my children throwing up. I was certain that Ben was sick and that next time he would come running in and throw up all over the place. I am not sure why I am so scared of "the throwups" but it really is one part of being a mom that I don't handle well (that is an understatement). I keep praying that God would take away my fear and that I would rest in him and know that he won't give me more than I can handle. For some reason the stomach bug is one thing I am pretty sure I can't handle. Anyway, Tuesday was a long day. Good thing mom came over to help out.

No comments: