Sunday, February 20, 2011

Surprise Adventure

Josh, being the amazing husband that he is, realized that to help ward off some of my depression issues, i need a change of pace during January though April while he is working so much. He is insistent that I take a break and do something different and fun during the months of February, March and April.

For February, Josh rented us a hotel room at the sterling inn that has a water park attached. It is only about 15 minutes away from our house but it was so nice to get away for a night and spend some fun time with my big boys.

Caleb stayed with my parents since it would have been a little difficult for me to handle all three of the boys in a pool by myself (and not as much fun for the big boys). Anyway, it was worth every penny.

I didn't tell the boys what were were doing before hand. Thursday morning I told them if they had extra good behavior there would be a surprise for them over the weekend.

Friday morning I told Ben had an a fun appointment and I would be picking him up at 2:30 from school. (all he missed was a movie which is pretty much all I thought he would miss)

When they got in the car I had a list of clues for Ben to read.



1. The clues just in case you didn't hear (1. You won’t sleep in your bed, 2. Caleb is on his own adventure. 3. you won't stay dry 4. You will have to have something on your eyes 5. It is something mommy does for work 6. It is somewhere you have never been 7. You may make a splash 8. Your arms maybe tired 9. You won’t need a coat or hat to keep you warm 10. The word park is in the name)

They didn't quite get what we were doing but the excitement did grow.


Right before this picture was taken Ben told me that this was the best day of his life!!
(I was not able to take many pictures because I was in the water most of the time and I didn't want to bring the camera down to the pool and risk water on it).

The first night someone had told Ben he was not tall enough for the slide. I knew that he was tall enough as well as a strong enough swimmer (thanks Goldfish Swim school) to go down the slide. He had a momentary freak out when he learned he was not allowed to wear his goggles down the slide but after he conquered his fear I couldn't keep him away.

We had a great time swimming and getting away. The boys had a blast and want to go back already. It will definitely be something we do again.

As much as it doesn't seem like a break it was nice to be out of the house and somewhere fun. I am pretty sure that I will have to plan something in April for just Josh and I :)

No comments: