Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Jacob is 4


Sweet Jacob turned 4 yesterday. He is a sweet, loving, funny, affectionate, cuddly, sensitive, loving, adorable 4 year old boy. I am so thankful that God gave him to us. He bring such joy to our days and a complete new perspective on life for me. I am not sure how he is already 4. I would love to stop time right now and have him stay just the way he is but I know God has big things in store for him so Ii guess I will have to let him grow up.

His day was filled with excitement and lots of sugar! Pretty sure he is still coming off the sugar high today.

We have a tradition to decorate the door of the birthday kids room. Here is a (sideways) picture of Jacob's door when he woke up. I decided to get really creative and sew circles and elephants together to make streamers. They looked pretty cute. Ben made a sign for the door.

After he woke up (way too early) Josh took him out for Donuts for an early morning breakfast. Josh also saved a present for him to open in the morning that he was pretty excited about.

It was then off to school, Since it was his birthday Jake brought in elephant shaped rice krispy treats. (I made a ton and sent some with Ben to celebrate his 1/2 birthday as well). Jake was pretty excited that he got to spend his day with lots of friends.

While Jake was at school I got a little birthday cake for him to have on his real birthday as well as decorated downstairs.

He requested Wendy's for lunch and I am pretty sure all he ate was the frosty.

After all the sugar we spent the afternoon playing games and working on his sticker book.

I had to work in the evening and obviously Josh was busy so Karen took the boys to Chuckie Cheese where they had lots of fun and pizza and more cake. If I was four I think that I would gladly have a Day like Jacob had yesterday.

No comments: