Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Some excitement from the big boys

I thought I would share some of the joys of the past few days with three boys :)

When I got home from the hospital Ben was at school so it was just Jacob around. He seemed a little mad at me so we gave him a "gift" from Caleb. This kept him busy for awhile :)

When Ben got home had had caught word of the gifts that were coming. He ran in the house with a big smile. I thought he was excited to see me but really he just wanted his gift from his brother.

The boys are being very good but Jacob is extremely jealous that he does not have as much time with me. I was holding Caleb and Jacob took my hand and walked me over to the carseat and pointed to it (implying he wanted Caleb in it). Jacob will also frequently come up to me when I am holding Caleb and tell him to move.

Mom and I took all three boys to the Dr. yesterday (that was an exciting adventure for sure). Caleb just for an overall checkup and the older boys for these nasty colds they have had for 2+weeks. I guess it was a good think I ended up taking them all because both Ben and Jacob have sinus infections and Jacob also has bilateral ear infections. I guess that explains the really bad behavior I was getting from both of them yesterday.

Since we have had three rounds of antibiotics already I am hoping that they are both feeling better today and their attitudes will quickly follow. I was feeling like this was going to be super hard with three but I think it really won't be that bad once the big boys are back to normal.

Caleb is a super content baby (well at least he has been in the 3.5 days he has been alive). He is very excited to be getting real milk (from mommy) now. He is a great eater and seems to have no issues. I am still amazed that God has trusted Josh and I to raise three boys. I am so thankful for each of them and the amazing gifts from God that they are.

No comments: