Thursday, March 26, 2009

For such a time as this

I just finished a Bible study on Esther. It was an amazing study by Beth Moore (one of the best of her's I have done).
Anyway the theme of Esther is that we are here "for such a time as this"
As I was listening to the final session tonight we turned to Ecclesiastes 3. The verse we were actually looking at was in verse 11 but we started at the beginning of the chapter. The verse that hit me the most today was: "A time to be born, a time to die" verse 3:2. It amazed me tonight to think that before I even thought of a 3rd child God knew the time he would be born. It is a time we still don't know for sure (although we know it will be soon) but God knows. He knows exactly what our third son will be, who he will look like, how many hairs will be on his head. He knows when my labor will start, he knows who my nurses will be in the hospital, he knows the moment Caleb will take his first breath of air, I am so thankful that I serve such an amazing God who is not wondering when Caleb will be born.
HE KNOWS!!!

I am thankful that "for such a time as this" God reminded me of His complete control over all my circumstances and instances in life.

No comments: