Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Apple Orchard

I have been really behind on posts lately. I suppose I have a good excuse being that we just moved (finally) and have been doing lots of work on the house, well and I guess I can use my pregnancy excuse as well.

On October 1st, Ben's school went to the apple orchard. It could have been a really fun trip but it was so cold and no one was prepared for the unbearably cold weather. We did get to ride in a wagon out to the orchard where they had dwarf trees. It was very fun for all the kids to be able to pick their own apples and put them in the bag.




After the apple picking we hurried home so that I could meet Josh to close on the new house. Around 11:00 the day of closing Josh got a phone call that we could close but would not be able to get the key because we still didn't have final word from GMAC (we were scheduled to close at 2:30). Well Mom called Uncle Dave and he did tons of work for us. When we finally finished the paperwork we were told that GMAC did not actually need to sign off on anything however at this point we had paperwork saying that we needed something signed from GMAC so our title company would not release the funds and therefore we still did not have the right to the keys. So we closed and didn't get any keys. It was rather disapointing. The next day however we got a call at 12:00 saying that we could pick up the keys. I think that were started working at 1:30 or so and still have not stopped :)

No comments: