Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Birthday Party Number 1

We had Ben and Pop's birthday party today with my family. It was lots of fun. Ben was so excited all day for the party and every time the door opened he thought it was Pop. He spent about an hour coloring a picture for Pop for his birthday. It was very cute that they were able to share the day together. It is amazing to think that they are 85 years apart!!!

Here are some highlights from the party. . . .


The cake (which Ben told us repeatedly that the Clifford was just a toy it was not to eat) there were also several "imperfections" in the frosting before all the guests arrived, I wonder how those got there?
The big gift from Mom and Dad. Ben was not trilled at first but once he figured it out he thought it was pretty cool. (one side is for Lego's and one is for trains, cars, blocks . . .)



Somehow my sisters forgot to tell me to put my arm out the window and instead I look like a puppy dog. Anyway we decided that we needed a picture in the house like the boys have.
Pop and Ben at dinner

Ben and Pop after blowing out the candles on the cake
Opi with his face in the cake as usual. See the funny video below for more info on that one
Ben with some frosting on his face. I don't know how that got there.
We played pin the tail on the donkey. It was the funniest game of pin the tail that I have ever played. I actually never thought that the game could be so funny. Ben was so into it and was directing everyone where to go. Here is a video with him and Opi.

The second video is of Opi putting his face into the cake. It has become an annual thing for Opi to get his face all full of cake but Jacob hated it. He started screaming and instead of helping him I just couldn't stop laughing because, well look at him he looks just like Opi. Just for reference he is tarrified when people put scary things on their face like masks and cake I guess.

The third video is how Ben got all the frosting in his face :) He was actually having lots of fun he just started screaming at the end.

No comments: