Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A sick kid, a happy one year old and more

Ben is sick on the couch at the moment. He has the nasty cold/flu bug that is going around. In case you have not heard the symptoms let me tell you.

1. you get a very high fever and feel yucky
2. you start getting a runny nose
3. you start coughing from your chest
4. IT NEVER GOES AWAY (well that is not true it just feels like it is)

This is what our family has been experiencing this week and it is SO lovely. Ben is the sickest at the moment and I am hoping to keep Jacob somewhat healthy with lots of immunities in my breast milk somehow. Jacob has had some fevers and has even gotten a pretty high one but no runny nose or cough yet so hopefully he will be spared from the dreaded cold. He is extra clingy though so we will see :)

In other news I took Jacob to the Doctor yesterday for his one year appt. and here are his stats:

Weight: 24lbs 12oz (75%)
Length: 30in (50%)
Head Circumference: 47cm (60%)

Jacob says Dada and momomomom (but only when he wants something) and Ba for Ben. He claps a lot and loves to look at books. He is doing well with his sippy but much prefers to nurse. He really could probably walk if he wanted to but does not have much desire. He cruises around the furniture and is completely happy doing so. He is a great baby. I am so thankful that God gave him to us.

(in case you were wondering what Ben's stats were I am too. I can't seem to find his sheet from his one year visit)


Here are some funny conversations from Ben since I have not posted many lately.

*****************
Ben: "Mommy where do babies come from"
Me: not wanted to have that conversation with a 3 1/2 year old I responded: "We ask God for them" (pretty true right?).
Ben: "Oh then we should ask God for a baby sister"
Me: "that would be great you can ask God for that"
Ben: "we asked God for a baby and he gave us Jacob Timothy and sometimes we just call him Jacob or Jake"
I was pretty impressed that he got it

****************

"Mommy after we go to Florida we can get a new house but we have to not forget all my toys"

****************
That is all I can remember at the moment. More to come later

No comments: